For better performance, download the game from below
Deviant is a reverse-horror game where you play as a robot that periodically becomes murderously unstable. Destroy the core and free yourself from the humans!
This game was made for Ludum Dare 49 in 48 hours with the theme of "Unstable"
WASD to move Left Mouse Click to attack
How to play:
- The core is behind the purple door. To open the door you need to get 3 keys from 3 people.
- In the unstable phase, you can attack enemies. You’re immune to enemy attacks but each hit from the enemy reduces your unstable duration.
- In the stable phase, you can die with 10 hits. But enemies won’t attack you unless they saw your unstable phase. You can’t attack in the stable phase but you can blend in.
- The game gets difficult as time moves on so don’t wait too long!
I really wanted to add sounds to the game but run out of time. Maybe I’ll make an after-jam update.
Rate the game:
Music By Oguzhan Kalkuz
Changes between 1.0 and Jam Version:
- Added sound FX
- Added music
- Added some more visual fx
- Added new visual elements such as sprites
- Reconfigured the map to remove choke point in the middle
- Fixed some AI and gun bugs
- Added a player health bar
- Added game stats like kill count
Changes & Bug Fixes in Jam Version:
- Fixed collision bug that occurs in low FPS (Critical bug for webGL)
- Changed Found Keys text position slightly and changed the text from "Found:" to "Found Keys:"
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, HTML5|
|Tags||Atmospheric, Horror, ldjam49, Ludum Dare, Ludum Dare 49, Pixel Art, reverse-horror, Short|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
you should make it playable on mobile
The sound is very UNSTABLE.... Really, it's suddenly stopping mid game. Great game, but I couldnt make to the exit even with the 3 keycards, it's very hard atm.
Sorry for the sound bug and sorry for the high difficulty. I'll adjust it if I make another update. Thanks for the feedback!
It's hard to kill people
That was so good!
It's like Tokyo Ghoul meets Elfen Lied!
Very cool core mechanic and game design. I appreciate.
There is perfectly designed gameplay elements inside it.
May worth to work for a midcore remake for a bigger target of player audience.
Also, i'm really curious about a multiplayer experience...
Thanks a lot! Maybe later I'll polish it up and create a proper game out of this